Frequent Questions

Home   /   About Us   /   Frequent Questions

Frequent Questions

Many OSHA standards require employers to train employees to work safely and to recognize and avoid hazards. Training must be delivered in a language that employees understand. See OSHA Standards Training Requirements for more information.

What are OSHA's training requirements for powered industrial trucks or forklifts?
OSHA requires employers to develop and implement a training program based on the general principles of safe truck operation, the types of vehicles used in the workplace, the workplace hazards created by the use of the vehicles, and the general safety requirements of the OSHA Standard. Trained operators must know how to do the job properly and safely. To job site assessment.

Employers must also certify that each operator has received the training and evaluate each operator at least once every three years. Before operating the truck in the workplace, the employer must evaluate the operator's performance and determine that the operator is competent to operate a powered industrial truck safely. Refresher training is needed whenever an operator demonstrates a deficiency in the safe operation of the truck.
Outreach Training: How can I get an OSHA card?
We issue student course completion cards to individuals who successfully complete an OSHA Outreach Program class. The outreach training program offers 10- or 30-hour classes for construction, general industry, maritime, and a 15-hour class for disaster site workers. To obtain an OSHA card, a person must attend and successfully complete the entire class, including all required topics and the minimum number of contact hours.

The training courses do not meet the training requirements of any OSHA standard. An OSHA card is not considered a certification or license and is not required by OSHA. However, some states have enacted laws requiring training. Some employers, unions, organizations, or other jurisdictions may also require this training.
Outreach Training: Where can I get a 10- or 30-hour replacement card?
OSHA does not keep records of students for training conducted by other organizations or authorized Outreach trainers. To obtain transcripts or copies of course completion documents, such as student course completion cards, you must contact the original training provider. Only one replacement card can be issued per student per class, and the authorizing Training Organization may charge a fee to replace a course completion card.

If the training occurred more than five years ago or you are unable to locate the trainer, you must retake the class to receive a new card.
Outreach Training: How can I become an OSHA Certified Trainer for 10 and 30 Hour Cards?
OSHA authorizes outreach trainers to conduct occupational safety and health awareness training through the OSHA Outreach Training Program. Individuals who meet the course prerequisites and complete a week-long OSHA training course receive a certificate of completion and an authorized scoping trainer card. Courses for outreach trainers include disaster site workers (first responders), construction, general industry, or maritime. Upon successful completion of the Trainers Course, Extension Trainers are authorized to teach classes based on the subject area of the Trainers Course. These include a 15-hour course for disaster site workers (first responders), as well as 10- and 30-hour extension training classes in construction, general industry, or maritime health and safety hazards.
Outreach Training: How can I become an OSHA Certified Trainer for 10 and 30 Hour Cards?
If my workplace is not safe, what can I do?
If you believe that working conditions are unsafe or unhealthy, we recommend that you inform your employer of the conditions. At any time, a worker can file a complaint with OSHA to report a dangerous work condition and request an inspection. If the condition clearly presents a risk of death or serious physical injury and there is not enough time for OSHA to inspect it, the worker may have a legal right to refuse to work.
How can I bring an OSHA inspector to my workplace to assess unsafe practices?
The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 gives employees and their representatives the right to file a complaint and request an OSHA inspection of their workplace if they believe there is a serious hazard or if their employer is not following the standards of OSHA. Workers do not have to know if a specific OSHA standard has been violated to file a complaint.
Who can file a complaint and what are the steps?
Workers or their representatives can file a complaint online or by phone, mail, email, or fax at their local OSHA office and request a workplace inspection if they believe there is a violation of a safety or health standard. or if there is any danger. threatening physical harm. A worker can also ask OSHA not to reveal his name. In addition, anyone with knowledge of a health or safety hazard in the workplace can report unsafe conditions to OSHA, and OSHA will investigate reported concerns.
What should I do if I have been fired or penalized for reporting health or safety problems?
If a worker believes that an employer has retaliated against him for exercising his safety and health rights, he should contact his local OSHA office immediately. A whistleblower complaint must be filed with OSHA within 30 calendar days from the date the retaliation decision was made and communicated to the worker. OSHA will accept a complaint in any language. Call 1-800-321-OSHA (6742) or contact your local OSHA office.
Has my employer ever been cited by OSHA?
You can research your employer's inspection history through the OSHA Establishment Search. Write the name of your company and choose the dates you want to cover.
Can my employer prevent me from viewing injury or illness records?
No. Current and former employees, or their representatives, have the right to access injury and illness records. Employers must provide the applicant with a copy of the relevant records by the end of the next business day.